This is my first time doing something like this, but I really wanted to take the chance to thank all 59 of my followers for supporting me the past year and a half (has it really been that long?!). A big thank you to Irina in particular for nominating me for this award. I’ve loved getting to know the aniblogging community and reading everyone’s posts. I don’t get a lot of chances to sit down and do a “state of the blog” post or a personal post, mostly because my job keeps me fairly busy all week combined with my need to satisfy my FOMO when it comes to anime and manga. I wind up spending all my free time watching anime, reading manga/comics, and trying to find the time to play a video game or two. Anyways! I wanted to take the chance to go through and answer some questions for you guys.
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the 11 questions they ask
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family.
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answers to!
Okay then! I’ve picked through Irina’s list of 33 questions and found some that I feel I can answer for you guys:
- One thing you loved about 2017.
Finally finding a full-time job in my field and meeting my 1 year blogging milestone! (oops, that’s two..)
- One thing you hated about 2017.
Having to say goodbye to family members.
- What is the goal you’ve set for 2018?
To somehow make it to 100 followers by the end of the year.
- What are the odds of meeting your goal?
I honestly have no idea. My plan now is to just keep chugging along and writing as much as I can and hope people like my stuff.
- What are you most excited about for your blog in 2018?
Longer articles! I have so many ideas for longer and more in-depth articles. I’m hoping to maybe do one a month or every other month. I weirdly have a lot of fun researching history and culture, and I hope you guys will enjoy them too. My first MMO Junkie one is up already!
- Are you going to any conventions in 2018?
Yes actually! I’ll be at Anime Boston and PAX East on back-to-back weekends in April. It should be exciting! I’m planning on Tweeting during the cons, so definitely follow me on Twitter if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Who’s your favorite anime character?
Oh geez….um…..It might have to be Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura or Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat. Both are powerful and well-developed characters that really give it their all.
- Why did you start blogging?
Originally it was something I started when I was between jobs after college, to both practice my writing and to keep myself busy. It’s kind of blossomed into this desire to share my opinions about everything (which may or may not be a bad thing :P), and now I’m pretty dedicated to seeing where this blog goes.
- What’s your favorite OP?
It might have to be either Baccano! or Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I’m partial to the jazzy music in both.
- What’s your favorite show from 2017?
Oh god! There’s so many good ones! If I had to maybe do a top five (in no particular order) it would be:
-Made in Abyss
-March comes in like a lion
-Ancient Magus’ Bride
-My Hero Academia
- What’s the show you would never want to watch even if you’ll be offered a million dollars + lifetime airline pass?
That would probably have to be Eromanga-sensei….
Thank you all for the follows! According to the rules, I have to nominate 11 people, but absolutely don’t feel like you have to make one of these posts. I just really wanted to show some love to the people who have followed me over the more than year and a half time I’ve been writing this blog. If you do wind up writing one of these posts, feel free to pick and choose from the questions above and my new ones down below.
My nominations are:
- The AniMessenger
- Nesha e
- Jeko Jeko
- D – I know you’re super busy, but I wanted to thank you for being an early follower!
- Lita Kino
Here are my 11 contributions to the questions. Feel free to pick and choose with the ones I answered above:
- What was your most overhyped anime of 2017?
- If you had to recommend one manga or comic what would it be?
- What’s your favorite animated film so far?
- What’s the longest running manga you’ve ever kept up with?
- Who’s your least favorite anime character?
- If you had to pick one guilty pleasure anime, what would it be?
- What are you most excited for this year (anime or otherwise)?
- What’s one recommendation you would give to new bloggers?
- What was the toughest thing you had to deal with in starting your blog?
- Who’s one blogger or writer you would recommend everyone read or follow?
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not blogging?
Thanks again for all the follows! You all are seriously the best!